Welcome! I hope you would enjoy reading this blog. This is a chronicle of my journey with my new job, as a salesman of the country's leading beer company; San Miguel Beer.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Month End to Start the Year

Month end has come.. The last day to finalize, monitor and encode bookings. This is a very important day for sales people. As for me, I am caught in between two great responsibilities: to hit my target sales and join the mission team in Digos. And this is the account of how things went according to the great plan.

I proceeded to the field early morning expecting to finish the day earlier to join the mission team. I only had 150 cases of beers to book. Yet I did not have any problems because everything is appropriated to specific outlets who made their commitments to place their orders on the last booking day. Everything went smooth sailing. Until I came into the last 20 cases of beers. All of my outlets were visited and all of them placed their orders. This is one of the greatest problems of salesman, whether in pharmaceuticals and here in the beer man's world. The last booking is the hardest to find. Yet I remained calm and composed. I can manage this, I said.

My boss called. He asked me if I already had my lunch. He still had the guts to ask me that question, I boldly told him I don't have time for a lunch at this critical moment. The panic came. He needs another 100 cases to fill up the negatives. Another 100 case, to sum it up I still need 120 cases. Time is running fast. He just informed me by 1:30pm about this.

I hurriedly made a quick assessment of the situation. My years of experience in sales was put into a test. I scanned my phone book and managed to do phone bookings. Fortunately I booked some phone orders. And I was able to ask outlets to add some cases on top of their regular orders. I visited outlets whom I presumed to be loaded, fortunately, they placed some orders. I asked for prayers from my fellow mission team guys and yes prayers really do marvels. By 2:30pm I was able to book 242 cases, more than enough for my target 220 cases.

When things go wrong, and it will be... At the end of the day, performance matters. And yes, I was able to perform, not for myself but for the benefit of our district. By 4pm. I went to the office and remitted my sales for the day. Ironic, after I posted my sales, an outlet text me and said they have orders.. Sorry guys, where were you when I needed you..




No comments:

Post a Comment